Friday 19 July 2013

OOTD: Daydreams & Daisy Chains

 photo BlogPicsJuly_zpsc422d0c0.jpg  photo HeadShot_zps10c8ef07.jpg  photo BlogPicsJuly2_zps8d5220b3.jpg  photo Shorts_zps001ea7b8.jpg  photo BlogPicsJuly1_zps07f1dfd9.jpg

I admit it, I really do get sucked in by celebrity endorsements but I saw Millie Mackintosh model these beautiful shorts on her blog and they HAD to be mine! I'm so glad I bought these, I've been looking for some smarter day to night shorts to take on holiday (I go to Marbella in three weeks!) and these are the perfect pair. I would say that they are a little see-through, but as long as you don't wear black underwear you should be fine! They are a cream crepe fabric with a black floral trim and I bought these from Miss Selfridge for £32- apparently they're flying off the shelves but they still have lots of sizes online. I think these are the perfect shorts for a casual trip around the town on holiday or with heels and nice jewellery, these would look gorgeous on a night out; the perfect versatile piece!

The cami is actually a cropped cami from Topshop. I've been obsessed with camis for a few weeks now and have the black and cream Topshop ones along with a beautiful electric blue cami from ASOS (all would look lovely with these shorts!).

I added my wooden heels to the outfit as I love them and can't stop wearing them, they are really comfortable and look great with so many summer looks. For jewellery I've kept the look minimal, choosing some gorgeous earrings I picked up for £3 in Miss Selfridge yesterday and my trusty Topshop geometric necklace. 

I hope you like this look and it's given you some inspiration for how to wear smarter shorts. I absolutely love this outfit and can't wait to wear it in England and in Spain- lets just hope the weather keeps up!

xxx

Top- Topshop
Shorts- Miss Selfridge (link)
Shoes- Miss Selfridge (link)
Earrings- Miss Selfridge
Necklace- Topshop
Watch- River Island
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Fab outfit, love the shorts & shoes! Elaine x
    makeupwithellax.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i have these in the black!
    They really are gorgeous
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shorts are so cute and summery! Love the outfit xox

    Eliza
    www.beautifullyshallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are amazing, so tempted to get them! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! You look just like Miranda Kerr Here! Jealous! I adore your shorts xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit! Love the shorts!

    Honeyashleigh.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this outfit is so gorgeous but i'm so unbelievably jealous of your legs - they're so long! i really like how you've styled these shorts as well. i've been looking for inspiration for how to wear 'smart' shorts ever since the trend came about. i see so many bloggers wearing them in different ways and it's made me realise how badly i need to get myself a pair! and these ones are just lovely! i like the trim around the bottom of the shorts, it's a nice extra detail. i also agree with how good these shorts would be as a transition piece from day to night! :) X

    http://theenglishgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. incredible shorts!!! love the look! so classic!!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete