Sunday 13 May 2012

The Perfect Peplum



What makes the perfect peplum top? I had been wondering this myself for some time. This new trend can be unforgiving and unflattering but I knew there must be a perfect peplum top out there, and I think this is it. I tried on an awful peplum top in River Island which was stiff, too short and the peplum stuck out at a weird angle. It would probably look good on some people but it would have been hard to pull off. 

Why is this the perfect peplum top then?

1. It's made of a soft, jersey material which makes it flattering and comfortable.
2. The peplum doesn't start too low down (many of them do and it's not a good look!)
3. It is exactly the right length and has the right sort of sleeve on it. Personally I think it needs this short sleeve for balance, I'm not a fan of the sleeveless peplum look!

So there it is. Reasons why this is the best, and trust me, no one paid me to write this, I just wanted to share it with everyone. I bought this online the other day from Topshop but they don't have it in stock anymore. I'm sure it will come back soon though, because I check the website every morning and this sold out in one day! The popular items usually reappear so it will hopefully be available for you all again soon!

The rest of my outfit is pretty self explanatory, I wanted to focus on the top. My new 'bling' rings in the pictures above are from ASOS and I love them. They're really different and not too expensive at £8, plus they come in a cute ASOS presentation box (I'm not sure if all ASOS jewellery does! I hope so!) so they could make a nice present.

N.B I ordered a new bag from Zara but it hasn't come. When it does I think I'm going to do a 'What's in my bag' post for you all :) 

If you don't already, then please follow my Twitter, whilst I have exams I won't be able to blog as much, but I'll still be tweeting! My Twitter name is @thatssoPhoebe!


I'm off to go and revise some more now, I have two exams this week!

xxx

Top- Topshop (£24)
Leigh Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Miss Selfridge
Clutch- River Island
Rings trio- ASOS (link!)
Lipstick- Topshop Infared

40 comments:

  1. Your top is gorgeous!! It really is the perfect peplum top, so simple but lovely!

    J x


    Ginger Pickle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13/5/12 19:02

    Lovely outfit ! And the lipstick looks fab on you ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, and you've definitely found the perfect Peplum!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This top does look like the perfect peplum! So pretty! Also loving your rings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!
    I bought a sleeveless peplum top ages ago but just can't find a way to style it that doesn't make me look like a massive pear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do think they are less flattering. I'm sure some people it would suit but I think the sleeves are a better option, you should look out for some :) xxx

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous, so flattering. As always you look lovely!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your style is totally my cup of tea!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks gorgeous on you, so simple but quite sophisticated. Definatley agree with the sleeves comment - I think the peplums with strap-like sleeves look quite out of proportion. ~ox

    simplesophie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful outfit. Love the simpleness of the colours and the pop of lipstick. That peplum top is really flattering :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't often wear bright lipsticks but I want to try a few more for summer! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. You look gorgeous, such a lovely outfit. The peplum looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous13/5/12 22:38

    lovely top, looks great on you! Would love to wear a peplum top but it wouldnt flatter my figure x

    http://dress-me-upx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the top, I've been searching for one for so long!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been searching for ages too before I found this! :) xx

      Delete
  13. You look absolutely stunning, I love peplum!

    Great blog :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a selection of those clutch bags in RI at the weekend. They are so lovely!
    This outfit is lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the River Island clutches, I take this one with me on nights all the time because it seems to go with a lot of things and it wasn't too expensive :) xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Phoebe. I'm a new follower. Love your blog

    I really like this peplum top and your recommendations are spot on. I love your shoes too- id like a close up look of those :-)

    Lauren xx

    Please check out my blog: http://bylaurenjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) If you check out my last post there is a close up picture of the shoes from the side! Hope that helps :) xx

      Delete
  16. I absolutely love this outfit - you look so lovely! What a gorgeous top!! I love your rings and the lipstick really suits you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your peplum top IS perfect! Lovely outfit!:)XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look stunning! this top is so lovely, you've pretty much persuaded me that i need a good peplum top in my life xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous14/5/12 16:57

    you are too cute, love the outfit and that lipstick is lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This top is so cute! Shame that it is sold out. It is hard to find the perfect peplum top!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable outfit, very classy!

    http://katiealexandraa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh what a gorgeous top! Lovely outfit as always X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous15/5/12 22:29

    You are fab. Is your top white or a pale lilac???

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) its cream but you can't see that very well in the pictures! xxx

      Delete
  24. I love those asos rings, been looking for some nice simple rings like this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love everything about this look down to the nails -- beautiful!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your clutch is lovely!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. U're such a chic sweetie!:) Pretty peplum piece!! Lovely style and blog!
    Kisses from the newest follower!;)
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
  28. very pretty! the clutch is so nice! xx abeliascorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. I got a top identical to this from primark. It's sleaveless but I can deal with that as it was a third of the price. Those rings are gorgeous, its a shame they're sold out xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. How very pretty! Your nails are gorgeous too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. you look lovely!
    I haven't tried the peplum look as I think I wouldn't flatter my figure
    on you it looks really cute:)

    xx claude

    ReplyDelete