Thursday 10 January 2013

Riding Pants OOTD


First post showing one of my new favourite items to wear... my American Apparel Riding Pants! Strangely I forgot to include these in my 'What I got for Christmas' post but I did actually get these for Christmas. I have an American Apparel near me at Uni so I've wanted these for a while and I've worn them practically everyday since! They are high-waisted and I think they are flattering. They are also a lot thicker than regular leggings so I feel more comfortable wearing these instead. I chose Riding Pants rather than the classic Disco Pants as I thought they would be more wearable during the day- and I don't particularly like wearing shiny clothing either. They are expensive, but I really believe they're worth the money. I have bought thick high waisted leggings before and they just go baggy at the knees with a few wears, which these show no signs of doing!

The jumper is in my favourite colour of the season, a gorgeous burgundy/ oxblood shade. I had wanted a loose knit jumper for some time so I had to get this when I saw it in Topshop! You have to wear a cami underneath but I think that adds to the look. I love this and it goes with so many things, I find myself wearing it a lot. I would have liked the black one but I think it went into the sale and I missed it!

Hope everyone is having a lovely week! Less than one week until my exams start but I have some posts lined up so I should be able to get those uploaded soon :)

xxx

Jumper- Topshop
Riding Pants- American Apparel (link!)
Heels- Miss Selfridge
Bag- Zara
Necklace- Topshop
Watch- River Island
Spike Bracelet- Topshop

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I love these riding pants, and i agree they are more wearable than disco pants x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love riding pants so much, I wear mine all the time! They look great with these heels!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW i am so incredibly jealous you have the riding pants, like seriously! I have wanted them for ages but I refuse to pay £74 for them aha, although I suppose I would get a lot of use from them. Great outfit, very pretty! Now following your lovely blog xxx

    http://velvetpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I paid £64 for them, but I do admit that it's still a lot of money. They are amazing though, I absolutely love them! x

      Delete
  4. loving the colour of that jumper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've contemplated the AA Riding pants for a while, I like my leggings, but like you say go baggy really quickly. Its just the price I couldnt justify!

    leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked for mine for Christmas as they are so expensive but now I have them I think they are definitely worth the money, I wear them so often! :) x

      Delete
  6. Such a simple outfit!
    So cute
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the riding pants! I have a pair in beige that I nabbed BRAND-NEW from a thrift store. I haven't actually worn mine yet, but I really should. You totally rock them.
    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thats amazing! Can't believe you got them from a thrift store! x

      Delete
  8. You always look so lovely! xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats the sizing like in American Apparel? Are they big or small made? I was contemplating the disco pants aswell but these seem more wearable for every day xxx

    Maisy xxx

    http://beautyspendingspreex.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/rocco-like.html

    ReplyDelete