Saturday 1 March 2014

Paris through the Instagram Lens

 photo Collage1_zps782cf08e.jpg Left to right: 
Myself and friends inside the Louvre | View from the Arc de Triomphe | The Arc de Triomphe | Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle | Tarte Tatin | The Eiffel Tower | Sephora | Three Cheese Pasta | A Menu | Me with Profiteroles | The Eiffel Tower (again!) | The Moulin Rouge | View from the Plane | My friends and I before dinner | My friend and I at Premiere Vision Trade Show | View from the Pont Des Arts Bridge | Mushroom and Creme Fraiche Crêpe | Premiere Vision Badge | The Eiffel Tower from the Sacre Coeur | My friends and I outside the Sacre Coeur | The Louvre  

On Wednesday I went to Paris with a few close friends from my university course on a trip. It was honestly some of the best few days I have had in a long time! The main focus of the trip was to visit the huge fabric trade show in Paris called Premiere Vision, as our university had organised tickets for us. I thought I'd share some snaps of what my friends and I got up to.

Day 1 we had a lovely meal out and saw the Moulin Rouge lit up in all her glory then took a walk to the gorgeous Sacre Coeur. It's so beautiful at night and all lit up, you can even see the Eiffel Tower from the top.

Day 2 we visited Premiere Vision which was fascinating as we got to see how buyers and designers choose their fabrics, along with the trends for Spring/ Summer 15. Next we travelled via the Metro to the Notre Dame and ate in a cute Crêperie. Unfortunately it was raining but Notre Dame was still breath taking. Next we visited the Louvre and the Lovers Lock Bridge (Pont des Arts) which was worth doing- we even saw the Mona Lisa. We ate dinner in the Notre Dame area which was lovely. There's lots of authentic Parisian Bistros and I had a three course meal of French Onion Soup, Mussels and Tarte Tatin, delicious!

On our final day we finally got to see the Eiffel Tower- the weather had luckily cleared up by then so lots of photos were taken. We ate macaroons outside in a little patisserie which was really fun. Next we went to the Arc de Triomphe and climbed to the top. The views were stunning so it's worth doing! We then walked down the Champs-Élysées for a spot of shopping (the Sephora is huge!) and had a drink in a cafe outside. Finally we ate dinner near our hostel on the Gare Du Nord. I had one of the best smoked salmon tagliatelle dishes I have ever eaten. We finished dinner with cocktails- the perfect end to an amazing three days.

I thoroughly recommend going to Paris. We flew there and it really wasn't too expensive as we stayed in a hostel (which I would advise if you're a group of students!). Another thing to note is that under 26's get into practically everywhere free, so we got to see the Mona Lisa in the Louvre and climb the Arc de Triomphe without spending a cent. I hope you all like my new blog layout, I'm so pleased with it.

If you have any questions about my trip or want to know more, tweet me or comment below!

5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing I would love to go to Paris. Beautiful pictures
    emmalouisedreams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks incredible, I've only been to Paris once but I was 11 and didn't appreciate it as much as I should have done - really need to go again!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had an awesome trip and lovely photos. Paris is truly beautiful - the Eiffel Tower never seems to get old. I need to go back soon!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely pictures. I always like Paris. it is a very nice country of the World. I would really like to go to Paris. Thanks to provide this nice pictures. I really experienced to study this article.
    http://spoiledyouagain.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really want to go to Paris, gorgeous photos <3
    Laura x
    shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete