Friday 17 February 2012

Next to Me: OOTD


For a long time now I've wanted a sheer cream shirt. I was after something 'utilitarian' and not the fitted type with a big pussy bow. Yesterday I found this shirt (Link!) in Topshop and I knew it was perfect. It's pretty sheer so I'd wear a cami (as I've done here) underneath for day-to-day wear and perhaps opt for just a bra or bandeau underneath on a night out. The shirt has a slit down the back which I absolutely love! I think it makes it stand out a little more compared to the other shirts on the high street.

I've also been obsessing over Torques (metal collar necklaces) for the longest time ever after seeing them on Morven's blog- Cats and Rocking Chairs. The gold torque I am wearing is from River Island, I also bought a silver one in a slightly different style at the same time which I love. I like to see the metal peeking out from the collar of the shirt, it adds something a little different to my outfit.

I'm wearing this with my coated Leigh jeans from Topshop. I don't think I'll ever buy another style of jeans in my life, they are so flattering! I'm also wearing my new flats from River Island. I think the weather is getting ever so slightly warmer which means I don't have to wear my boots every single day and this makes me happy. I'm also obsessed with the 'leather' and suede look on bags, shoes and everything else so I had to buy these!
As you may have noticed I'm also wearing another hat today. I can't get enough! This find was from Primark. It had little feathers tucked in the brim which I swiftly pulled out after purchasing as I didn't like the colours. The hat was priced at £5 but when I got to the till it was only £1, little things like that really make my day!

Shirt- Topshop
Hat-Primark
Cami- Zara
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- River Island
Bag- Ebay
Torque Necklace- River Island

Music I'm loving- Emeli Sandé, she has such a powerful voice!

xxx

34 comments:

  1. Lovely simple outfit, you make it look amazing even though it's simple and casual :) I love your shoes as well <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/2/12 13:33

    Gorgeous outfit! That shirt looks great, and those shoes are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, the collar necklace looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! Your shirt is perfect, so pretty. Defo agree with you about collar necklaces, I'm obsessed with them too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gorgeous! Love the outfit!

    http://jakeandolga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit its gorgeous! I really like the ring on your forefinger!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is fab! You really do suit hats so well and I love that shirt, I nearly bought it in Topshop today but didn't because I literally have 10 white shirts.

    Gem x
    www.feminine-edge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice outfit ! Loving the shirt and the necklace is so flattering ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous18/2/12 02:27

    Amazing out fit!!!
    Loooove the hat! It's too bad that in Brazil people are not used to wear hats ...

    xx
    http://headsandnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this outfit the shirt is gorgeous! i love when things are priced wrong it truly makes my day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! Very laid back chic :)
    You got the hat for a great price!

    http://gltyplsrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit, the shirt is gorgeous! I'm really liking necklaces like that too, found a really nice one in Primark a few weeks ago. You really remind me of Amanda Seyfried!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I've been told that I look like her before! xx

      Delete
  13. such a simple outfit, i love the choker and pointed ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is fantastic xx
    Really love your blog xx Wanted to invite you to check out my beauty blog sale xx Lots of Essie, OPI, Leighton Denny, etc xx Hope to see you there xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this outfit! I have been thinking the same about the metal collar also found by Morven, you have done a great job it looks great.

    Chantelle x

    http://thank-god-theres-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely outfit, I love the shirt and how it opens in the back!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! Love your blog!

    FOllow u now! Follow back if u like :)

    My Blog: MyFashionMind

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this outfit! Monochrome never fails! Your eyes are so stunning!

    Abbi xx
    http://abbitants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. a simple black and whithe outfit always works!
    I loved the necklace ;)

    Fashion Breaker

    ReplyDelete
  20. wish i could find trousers that fit me like that. i love this outfit. you're very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely outfit, I have a similar hat that I just keep wearing with everything. That shirt is so lovely, such a lucky find ~

    http://simplesophiecn.blogspot.com ox

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful
    Love your clean style

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am really loving that sheer shirt. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely outfit. I wish I could pull off a hat xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. i loveee your necklace, its so awesome! and that top, what a great purchase! you are so right, the slit in the back definitely makes it unique! great look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also think you look like Amanda Seyfried of Jamie King. Both gorgeous. Oh, and of course I love this outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So gorgeous, I love every single piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your shirt ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those jeans, I definitely need to get my hands on some!

    simplyyoursamb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just came across your blog and thought I'd have a mooch, can I just say you're eyebrows are amazing! Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete