Saturday 25 February 2012

Topshop Infrared

I've wanted an orange lipstick for ages now. After buying MAC 'Vegas Volt' in the summer, I've decided that I like orangey shades and have been on the hunt for the perfect one ever since. So many people in blog-land absolutely rave about this Topshop lipstick in 'Infared' that I felt I needed to buy it, especially after it seemed quite difficult to get a little while ago!

The colour is a gorgeous orangey-red. It's very pretty, although I was hoping it would be more orange-if that's possible! Perhaps MAC Morange would be a better bright orange? 

This lipstick is lovely and very flattering. It's bright but in my opinion, a wearable bright. I'm hoping to wear this during the day a lot in summer! The consistency is glossy and moisturising which is good, and it's opaque, without being thick in any way once it's on. I'm not too keen on the smell, I think it smells like baby powder. You may love the smell on the other hand, but personally I don't, although it's not a particularly offensive scent so I don't mind it too much.

If you are looking for a lipstick to wear in summer that's going to look stunning on everyone, then this could be for you. Also, if you are looking for an orange which could also be perceived as red in some lights this could be for you. I love the colour but I'm still on the hunt for my perfect, bright, loud, in-yer-face orange! If anyone can recommend one to me then that would be perfect!

Have you tried Infared or any of the Topshop lipsticks? What do you think?

xxx

N.B After uploading the pictures, the colour does seem very orange, and perhaps a little more orange than in real life!

21 comments:

  1. That looks amazing on you! I love the consistency of the topshop lipsticks...and the price! Definitely going to get this as I've just discovered orange actually suits me!
    abbi,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour!

    Also, I just thought I'd let you know I'm giving away a Clarisonic Mia on my blog! I'd love it if you could check it out on my blog. You can gain up to 10 entries! Here’s a link xx
    http://daisy--meadow.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-clarisonic-mia.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really suits you, looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colour looks goregous on you, I'll defo check out Topshop's lipsticks after reading :)

    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour is so lovely! It looks really pretty. I've never tried out the Topshop lipsticks even though I keep meaning to, so many people rave about them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAC morange looks very similar, teeny bit more orange though I'd say x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was this brave with my lip colours! It suits you so well, and the colour is so vibrant and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks so pretty! definitely going to have to look into some brighter lip shades :)
    love your blog! following :)

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You utter stunner.

    You remind me so much of the actress Dakota Fanning.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Amanda Seyfried. I thought her and dakota were the same person! Haha, I'm rubbish with names.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like above you remind me of her too! The lipsticks gorgeous really suits you. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love orangey/coral lipsticks too. This really suits you - looks so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lipstick is gorge! It really suits you!

    Hayley xo
    stylecandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous lipstick, love your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour is so gorgeous on you! Will definitely have a look out for this next time I'm in top shop!
    Please follow my blog as i am just starting out in beauty blogging and would love it if you did :)

    FrankieBooXx.blogspot.com

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. The orange lipstick looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that lipstick color!!!!!! thats amazing!!! :D

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that looks stunning on you!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this colour, definitely going to have to get it!
    www.twbloggg.blogspot.com (could you check out my new blog, i'd really appreciate it!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, colour looks nice on you.
    I use MAC 'Lady Danger' for an orange lip.

    J x

    ReplyDelete