Monday 6 February 2012

MAC Naturally Collection


As soon as the Mac Naturally collection I knew it was right up my street. I love nudes and like a glossy and polished look for my make up so this collection seemed perfect. I don't know if anyone else from the UK does this, but I'm always checking MAC.com to see the new collections before they get released here! I'd made my mind up I was going to get many more things than I actually did, but once it was released here I had to cut my list down to the two products that I would be the most disappointed if I missed out on them. I wish I had a money tree but unfortunately I don't!

Mineralise Blush- Fresh Honey
I've wanted a peachy blush for a while now. I usually wear pinks (my favourite being NARS Deepthroat) but as Spring was approaching- well sort of!- I wanted something to give me a more tanned glow. 
This blush is really pigmented and has a lovely soft consistency. It's quite powdery- you just need to touch your brush on the blush and you pick up a lot of product- but I like this. I thought it might have more shimmer but it's actually fairly matte. I think this is nice though as sometimes I can go a little overboard with the shimmer on my face!
 In reality the colour is slightly deeper than my camera is showing and it gives a gorgeous glow to my cheeks! I think this is an amazing blush, I prefer the formula to my normal MAC blushes and although for £19 it isn't cheap, if you're looking to treat yourself to a nice new blush, this is the one to get! I wish I could get the other two colours as they were lovely too.

Lipstick- Sweet Sunrise
I love MAC lipsticks, they are my favourite for formulation, smell (vanilla cupcake scent mmm!) and in my opinion they are quite reasonably priced for a high end product. 'Sweet Sunrise' is no exception. It's creamy, glides on and looks great. The finish is a Lustre which I love. 
I've compared the colour to others in my collection to give you an idea of what the colour is like.  It's very simmilar to Creme D'Nude but a little lighter and more pink toned. The colour is also slightly more sheer. Considering how pale it appears, it still manages to be very wearable. I think this is due to the glossiness and of it the fact it is more sheer than other nudes. This is not to say that you can't see it on your lips, you definitely can, but it just makes it a softer colour.

I'm so pleased with my two products. I ordered both off the internet so I'm glad I like them- I always feel ordering make-up is a bit of a gamble! If I had more money I would have liked the Redhead MSF but I'll make do with the two things I have for now :) 

Did anyone else get anything from the Naturally collection?

xxx

30 comments:

  1. The lipstick looks great ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lipstick looks lovely! I got fresh honey too, it's so pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush is such a nice colour :) x

      Delete
  3. love the look of both items can't wait to check out this collection xox


    elizamaemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blusher looks so pretty i got early morning but tempted to get fresh honey now! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redhead msf, & A perfect day lippy, Sweet sunrise was another one i was eyeing up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted the Redhead MSF but I couldn't justify it in the end :( x

      Delete
  6. Both products look gorgeous!
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh they both look gorgeous!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow both products look amazing. That lipstick looks lovely be awesome to see some swatches :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I tried swatching them but my camera wouldn't pick up the colours very well on the back of my hand so I had to give up! I'm hoping to get a better camera soon x

      Delete
  9. I love MAC!
    Cute lipstick colour! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mac collections looks perfect, I adore the lipstick <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7/2/12 17:50

    Love your blog, it's very simple and ell organised :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful post honey!!! =D
    great style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even know about this collection until I just saw this post, but I'll definitely be checking it out. I love mac make up and nude tones are my favourite.. the lipstick especially looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've just found your blog and now you have a new follower.
    Do you want to follow me back?

    ♥HeelsAreMyDrugs♥
    ♥HeelsAreMyDrugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful palette colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love mac !!

    http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colour of the lipstick!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your blog, and them nude colours look beautiful, mac never disapoints!

    http://buddingbeauties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to try the MAC naturally collection, both products look gorgeous :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I've been so so desperate to get my hands on Sweet Sunrise, but it sold out so quickly online and my local MAC counter isn't the best stocked :/ the blush looks great, too, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it in store :)
    And yes, I'm forever checking out the US site to see the latest collections before they're out here, too, as well as constantly checking Temptalia's swatches! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think I ordered mine the day it came out! x

      Delete
  21. I love that colour.. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this lipstick, it's gorgeous!
    Check out my new ELF haul?

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty, I love natural lip colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want!!! These colours are so perfect for everyday use!
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete