Thursday 14 July 2011

face of the night ♥



This is the make up I wore recently on a night out with my friends. I loved it because it was pretty and neutral, a really nice fresh look that would work well for the evening or daytime. The shadows I used were all from a gorgeous 'Too Faced' palette I bought not long ago called 'The Natural Eyes Kit'. It was around £20 and I love all of the shades included. The colours are not far off the colours from the Urban Decay Naked palette which I also own and use religiously, however I would go as far as saying I slightly prefer the Too Faced version. The colours I used were 'Heaven', 'Honey Pot', 'Silk Teddy', 'Push Up' and 'Cocoa Puff'.


I've lined my eyes with Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel eye liner in 'Chocolate Shimmer Ink'. I was weary of this colour at first, I've used gel eye liner for years but never ventured into using browns. Now it had come to summer I really wanted a softer look. After being shown all the eye liners (I've never seen so many shades of brown!) I settled on this one. It was the only shimmery version with red reflects present and had lovely warm undertone. The shimmer is hardly noticeable without a magnifying glass once it's on your eyes and yet it has a gorgeous depth to the colour, beautiful.



On my face I'm wearing Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the colour 54. I've heard mixed opinions about this product but it's a must have for me. The coverage is medium and the finish dewy and glowing. I love the soft consistency and pleasant fragrance. I'm also wearing Mac Cream Colour Base in 'Improper Copper' on my cheeks and a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick to highlight. On my lips I have Mac Hue and a Maybelline Colour Sensational gloss in Ivory Beige. I'm a lover of nudes and this combination is pretty and natural looking, without washing me out.

All in all a pretty, glossy look perfect for daytime or night, many more face of the night posts to follow ♥

11 comments:

  1. It looks really nice! :)

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18/7/11 17:27

    your skin is so clear!
    http://emilydavila.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice! You should do a tutorial of how you create this look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous! <3

    www.loretta-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your eyebrows are amazing, following you now :) do you have twitter? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love to know what mascara you use? :)

    Loving your blog and have now started to follow. http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/ My husband and I just started this blog. Beauty related posts coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone, I will do a tutorial as soon as I work out the best way to do so :) and the mascara I use is Maybelline 'The Falsies Volum' Express'- honestly the best mascara I've ever used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!wow!!!



    http://sharnettab-sharnettab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete