Thursday 8 March 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki


I know the 'Viva Glam Nicki' post has been a little overdone, but I was so excited when it dropped through my door a couple of days ago that I thought I'd give my two cents on it. I saw it online the day it was released and ordered it straight away! I've been looking for a bright pink lipstick to wear in summer but up until now, couldn't find the perfect shade. 

What I love about the colour of this lipstick is that it's warm and not at all blue toned like other pinks I own. I don't find blue tones particularly flattering on my skin tone and I'm not sure that many people do, whereas this colour is universally flattering and very pretty. The swatch I have shown, is probably the most true to the actual colour of the lipstick from all my photos. I think a flash makes it look slightly lighter but, flash or no flash this colour is stunning. It has an almost coral tone to the pink, so if you like that look, you will like this. 

The formula is a Satin which some people find drying but I don't mind it. If you wear it on moisturised lips then this isn't a problem and I don't find it to show up cracks on the lips any more than other lipsticks I own. You can also add a gloss on top as well which would change the appearance of the finish so I don't find the formula a disadvantage. Plus, it lasts better on my lips and is more pigmented than Glazes or Cremesheens so in that way it is bonus. The smell is also lovely. As I've mentioned so many times, MAC lipsticks smell the best out of any lipsticks I've owned.

This is a gorgeous product and I think it would suit a lot of different skin tones. It's also worthwhile because the full RRP (minus VAT) goes to the MAC Aids fund to help improve lives globally.

Does anyone else own Viva Glam Nicki? What are your thoughts?

Lips- MAC Viva Glam Nicki - Link



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

40 comments:

  1. this looks lovely on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really suites you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous shade! Looks lovely on you! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! definitely think i'm going to have to pick one up this weekend and give a try myself... i love barbie pinks!


    hugs, xo!
    ** BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM **

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this lipstick! It looks lovely on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really suits you, will be gorgeous for summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! Love the pink tint, so perfect for Spring!

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely 'bright baby pink' shade. I find alot of bright pink lip shades can look quie barbie-like or ott, but this has a little subtly to it~ ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful, this colour suits you!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, I really want to get my hands on it :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first post I've seen on the viva glam nicki. It looks lovely,

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so nice on you, really suits you ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh looks fab on you and your beauty spot looks gorge on you :) That may sound weird but I have one and i am a bit self conscious about it but you look stunning :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've never really been self concious of mine, in fact I darken it to make it stand out more as I think it makes me look individual. You should embrace yours :) x

      Delete
  14. oh my goh. your skin is immaculate and your eyebrows are perfect!!! (jealous!)

    franleanne.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I get a lot of comments on my eyebrows! x

      Delete
  15. Anonymous13/3/12 19:10

    That's such a pretty tone, looks great on you ! ^^ I got a new lip colour today aswell, pink one but not this bright. :>

    Lovely blog!
    I'll follow via Bloglovin', what you come up next ;)

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous!! I love the colour of your lipstick :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I wish I could pull of that colour.

      Delete
  17. Such a gorgeous colour, really suits you too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks lovely, seeing so many good reviews about this colour - seeing as you like Mac lipsticks, over on my blog I am having a MAC lipstick give away, you could win a MAC lipstick in the colour of your choice, check it out:

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.com/2012/02/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html


    Love your blog by the way... Love your new follower :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look stunning! You somewhat remind me of Miranda Kerr. I'm loving the lippie on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks gorgeous on you, I can't wait to wear mine! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love the lipstick!

    You also have lovely eyebrows - What do you use? You have loads of comments on them - you should do a post!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a good idea, I think I'm going to try and do a post on them soon! x

      Delete
  22. Anonymous17/3/12 13:13

    Love this on you, it's gorgeous you look stunning! Love your blog I'm a new follower :) xx

    kathykins.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look gorgeous with this lipstick, I also got it and love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This really suits you!!

    The Fashion Skeleton!

    ***  Please check out my TOPSHOP giveaway ***

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a stunning colour on you- and you're so pretty!:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great lipstick!

    Kisses Anne
    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous post! The pink shade looks lovely on you! You have a wonderful blog, and I've followed! I hope you'll follow me back =).


    http://www.thelittledandy.com/

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous19/3/12 17:03

    love the lipstick on you-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look like a doll u're so beautifuuul !!

    XOXO Selma

    PS : u can take a look at my little blog if u want
    http://letmebewacky.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your make up looks so stunning in these photos, flawless! And will definitely be purchasing this lippy.

    Grace (Goodness Gracious) x

    http://blogs.bujournalism.info/2011-2012/GraceWilliams/

    ReplyDelete