Monday 26 March 2012

Part Of Me OOTD


I bought this dress when I went shopping on Saturday (and spent too much money, as usual!). I was inspired by Kate (Dolly Bow Bow), who blogged about this dress recently. I adore her style and as soon as I saw this on her blog, I knew it had to be mine! It's from H&M and is a crochet shift dress which I'm sure it would flatter a lot of figures. The sleeves flair out which look cute and adds some interest to the shape of the dress. I absolutely adore this dress and I can see me getting a lot of wear out of it as the weather changes from Winter to Spring. I think it's classy and simple and it would look lovely dressed up in the evening or dressed down during the day. It was £19.99 which is a bargain!

On my feet I am wearing a new purchase, my H&M flatforms! I've wanted flatforms for a while now. I have been interested in the 'Creeper' trend the last few months but they don't go with my style at all, so I never bought any. These flatforms, however, look really cute, and I think they complement the dress well. I also like that they give me a bit of height (I'm 5ft 4in!) so its nice to feel a bit taller every once in a while. They also elongate your legs, and define them- as heels do. They are clumpy, but I like that!

I curled my hair using the Babyliss Conical wand. I don't normally use it because the waves don't last as long as when I use straighteners but I love the relaxed look the wand gives. In addition to the H&M theme of the outfit (I didn't even realise until I was writing this post!) I'm wearing a H&M nail polish, in 'Blue My Mind'. I love the electric blue nail trend that seems to be on all the blogs at the moment so I thought I'd join in. I'm undecided as to whether it suits me but it's an interesting colour nevertheless! I might write a post showing it in more detail if any one is interested?

This week I'm starting to revise for my final exams which are in May and June. It's pretty scary knowing that in a few months I'll know whether I've got a place at university or not! I'm still going to be blogging regularly though, I'll definitely need some down-time here and there :) 

Hope everyone has had a lovely week! 

xxx

Dress- H&M
Flatforms- H&M
Cross earrings- River Island
Nail Polish- 'Blue My Mind' H&M

27 comments:

  1. I love this dress :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks so nice! Wish I had an H&M near me - although my bank balance probably doesn't think the same! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily mine isn't so close that I spend loads there all the time, probably a good thing! x

      Delete
  3. I've seen this dress in-store, it's so lovely. You look as cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look ! This dress really suits you ! xx

    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous26/3/12 18:01

    cute....

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous dress, you look so cute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this dress, I'm going on the h and m website right now!! good luck with the revision :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! These dresses never suit me, and I always worry about black tights with a light coloured dress but it looks perfect on you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous26/3/12 22:56

    lovely dress, really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit. The dress is very cute and the H&M flatforms...I've tried 5 H&M stores over the past few weeks and can I find a size 5?? NO, I can't :( Hopefully going to buy online!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hope you manage to get some! x

      Delete
  11. great outfit! :) <3
    chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the dress!!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww i found your blog and i really liked <33 you are do pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is so cute! I just found your blog and I'm following you now! Your blog is lovely!

    xo, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. the lacedress is so adorable! looks pretty good on you :-*
    xx from germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your blog! This dress is so cute!

    http://iammeggy.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your style, you look amazing. New follower!
    Swing by my blog and follow back?

    http://fiftysixfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look as gorgeous as ever!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous29/3/12 13:16

    You look stunning, love the dress x x

    http://shayleens-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love this dress it's gorgeous! I really want it myself so I'll be keeping a beady eye out in H&M! Hope your revision is going well and isn't too stressful! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous I love how your nails really pop against the white dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous dresssss!!
    I neeeeeed it <3

    maryjanett.blogspot.com

    MJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the lace with the black tight! And your skin is flawless!!! Your blue eyes are beautiful!! I follow you now! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete