Sunday 1 April 2012

L'Oreal Caresse Review


I've been intrigued by the 'lip butter' hype for some time. After reading reviews on the Revlon Lips butters but after looking at them in person I decided not to get any. Many of the pinks are very blue toned (which doesn't suit me) and most of the colours have shimmer in them which I don't really like in lip products. However when I started hearing about the new L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks I felt certain that these would be more 'up my street' and on Thursday I dashed to my local Superdrug to buy one. Unfortunately there was a tiny selection but I managed to purchase one anyway. The colour is No.03 'Lovely Rose' and it's a gorgeous bright baby pink. 

The lipstick is similar to a tinted lip balm in texture but with a lot more pigmentation. It is still pretty sheer compared to a normal lipstick but it definitely has great colour pay off for a lip butter. I find this type of lipstick great for Summer as they look more natural. The lipstick colour lasts for a decent amount of time before reapplication, but this doesn't matter as I would re-apply lip balm frequently anyway and this is so moisturising that it replaces the need for an additional lip balm. It also wears off nicely and doesn't cling to cracks in your lips which is great. 'Lovely Rose' is not too blue toned and so it would suit a range of complexions and has no shimmer in it. My lips are quite pigmented so sometimes I put a tiny bit of foundation over them first so I get the true colour of the lipstick. 

Overall I'm really pleased with this lipstick and I'm dying to try more out of the range- I just need to find a store which stocks more than three colours. I love sheer lipsticks at the moment as they are a really wearable way to start wearing bright lips during the day. I'm currently eyeing up Chantecaille Lip Chic in Geranium but for £29 I'm not going to be getting it for a while! 

Have any of you tried any lip butter/ sheer lipsticks at the moment? What are your recommendations, I want to try more! 

xxx

17 comments:

  1. ooh I love that colour, i've been experimenting with lots of new lippys recently. FOund some ace rimmel and mac ones

    Mel
    www.mediamarmalade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/4/12 12:16

    I love these too! I bought this one and 01 which is a lovely shade. Damn Boots and their 3 for 2 offer lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at pictures of it online! I want one, bet they're all sold out now though :( xx

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely on you. I must pick one up soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a toss up between the Revlon Lip Butters & these..think you have just swayed me in this direction haha ;) really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I wasn't a fan of the Revlon lip butter I saw, they might look better on though, but the L'Oreal ones are just amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  5. This looks really nice on you, I really want to try either these or the Revlon ones x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They don't sell Revlon lip butter in my country, so I hope we'll at least get these L'Oreal ones.

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's annoying, well I think these are better anyway :) xx

      Delete
  8. This looks lovely! Nicer than most of the lip butters actually :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the range of colours by L'Oreal. They're so pretty and I love the pastel shades like this one. I really like the texture too but I hope it doesn't melt in the heat! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shade looks gorgeous and really suits you! I cannot wait to get my hands on one of these, the formulation sounds lovely for Summer X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great alternative to the Revlon lip butters! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2/4/12 21:00

    gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete