Wednesday 12 October 2011

OOTD The Luxe Look




Today I went for the effortless 'Luxe' look. After admiring Lucy's Topshop jumper (I've linked this blog once before, I love it!)- for what seemed like forever, I finally decided I needed it for myself! It's so soft and I love the cute bow detail on the back- little things like that really make an outfit in my opinion. I paired it with a velvet skirt- also from Topshop. It's a really cute body-con skirt with a raised gold spot detail all over and I love the contrast between the baggy, comfy jumper and the smart, dressy skirt. This is exactly the kind of outfit that I adore. It's everyday glamorous, but it's created so easily by throwing on some key A/W pieces and without too much effort.

I know this skirt is going to be a staple piece in my Autumn/ Winter wardrobe because it goes with so many things. You can make it work in the daytime as I've done by pairing it with jumpers, long socks or tights, yet it could be accessorised and worn with heels for a cute evening outfit too.

On a side note, I'm still trying to find different backgrounds for my OOTD's. This one was taken outside my house so it was really convenient but I will try and take some pictures when I'm out and about- providing I find somewhere private enough to take a few photos! 

So what do you think? Do you like the 'Luxe' look?

Jumper- Topshop
Skirt- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Cross Necklace- Topshop
Tights- (unsure of where I bought these)
Bag - Miss Selfridge

I really didn't realise how Topshop- heavy this post was going to be today- as you can tell I really took advantage of the 20% off for students they were offering a little while ago!

12 comments:

  1. I wish we had Topshop, they have such amazing stuff!

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE those shoes! I've wanted them for ages! I must get myself to the shops and buy a pair (although they are probably all sold out now!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh hun so lovely to see you in that jumper - I love mine too and totally over wear it! I also have those loafers and love them too much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, that jumper is so so pretty and I love your shoes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve this! Definitely had my eye on that skirt for a while now. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love your look, and beautiful.
    We love your blog, it's wonderful and we are following you.
    We wish you a great weekend.
    Many kisses Glorinha
    We are the creators of the earring flower of life.
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, love this combo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I love your outfit :) u look great!!!

    i followed you, hope u will do the same :D

    www.sarawplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so lovely, this is a fab outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit babe, you look fantastic!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little outfit :) you look gorgeous! I've only just discovered your blog and i absolutely love it. I followed instantly! Can't wait to read more posts from you xoxo

    ReplyDelete