Saturday 8 October 2011

Sometimes you just have to..



Every once in a while we all make a seemingly crazy, expensive purchase that makes us giddily happy, and after my 18th birthday that's exactly what I did. I bought the Alexander Mcqueen Silk Skull Scarf a few weeks ago and I adore it! McQueen is one of my favourite couture designers and it's so sad that he's not here any more. His gorgeous skull images are what caught my eye and for the longest time I've been lusting over his scarfs, knowing it would give me so much joy to say I own a piece of McQueen.

As you can imagine, it took me weeks to decide on which colour to go for but after pouring over the website again and again I decided upon the black version with flesh pink skulls. It's slightly more unusual than the Ivory and Black scarf (I would have loved this but couldn't justify spending the money on such an impractical colour!) but nonetheless it goes with so many clothes from my wardrobe!

I've been dying to do an OOTD to show you all but I've always been rushing out so haven't had time. I did however manage one quick photo before my camera died the other day (when it was hot in October, remember?!) so that will have to do for now. Here is the scarf in all its glory!



A better OOTD will follow I promise, I just wanted to give you all an idea of what it looks like on!

18 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! We all need to treat ourselves now and again :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GAWD - IT'S GOOORGEOUS!! <3 I went all giddy just looking at the packaging! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, it's really gorgeous! I've been wanting one for ages!


    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me a second to get over the jealousy... actually think it may take longer than second ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/10/11 19:51

    I love the colours, definitely prefer this to the typical black and white one everyone seems to have! Definitely a good purchase xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous!! I want one. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeeeee this! I prefer it to the black and white, it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! :) Where did you get it from? I can't wait to see more OOTD's with it!

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A girlie always needs to treat herself on those expensive items every now and then ♥
    Truly a beautiful scarf. The colours are beautiful
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo that is well worth the money spent on it! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty jelous! Who wouldn't love to own this scarf? Nice colour choice too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's gorgeous! I would die for an alexander mcqueen scarf! ah-mazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a cream with black skulls and wear it all the time. You will totally not regret this purchase! Gorge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, I'm glad you all like it, I'll definitely include it in outfits of the day :) xx

    @Gem- I got it from www.alexandermcqueen.co.uk, you can also buy them from Selfridges and at www.net-a-porter.com but they don't seem to have as many colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohmygosh, I am so jealous right now, I've been wanting one of these scarves for ages! You chose a gorgeous one by the way <3 Oh, and I've fallen in love with your blog - so pretty :)

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. you SO have to! I bought one of these last Decemeber! I wish i could have every colour x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You chose a great color combination.. great scarf!

    ReplyDelete