Monday 30 January 2012

Mad As A Hatter







A couple of weeks ago I had the sudden urge to buy a hat. I've always been a bit wary of hats (just me?), wondering whether I would suit them so don't know why I wanted one so much, I just got it into my head that I needed one in my life ASAP. So on Saturday when I was shopping near to where I live and I leapt at the chance to get not just one hat, but two! The purple hat pictured here is from Topshop and was reduced from £25 to just £7 and I got student discount on top of that, so I think it was fate. I love the way the edges flop down and how casual it looks, yet it really smartens up a relatively plain outfit. The other hat I bought was reduced from £9.99 to £2 in New Look, it's brown and should feature in an outfit of the day shortly. I think I've finally conquered my hat phobia and it feels so good!

The whole shopping trip ended up being pretty successful anyway as I managed to find this cute little velvet dress in the last dregs of the Topshop sale. Originally £30 it was reduced to £18 and I knew it had to be mine! I love the idea that this dress can be dressed down during the day but also look lovely on a night out with the right accessories. Nowadays I find myself buying a lot more things that I can wear day/night and I hate it when people tell you that you can only wear some pieces during one or the other! I also bought the studded ring in the sale from Topshop for only £1.50. It's really unusual and I love how chunky it is. 

I've paired the dress and hat with my Alexander McQueen skull scarf. I don't wear this often enough if I'm honest, as I'm too scared of ruining it but when I do wear it I feel so amazing. It completely changes a look and was well worth the money in my opinion. 

I feel so pleased with my two new hats, especially since they were such a bargain! The purple one pictured is probably my favourite though, I think the colour is gorgeous. 

Does anyone else wear a hat to change up their look a little? I definitely recommend them!

Hat- Topshop
Dress- Topshop
Scarf- Alexander McQueen
Chelsea Boots- Tesco
Studded Ring- Topshop
Cross Bracelet- Urban Outfitters
'Love' Ring- Topshop
Signet Ring- Bespoke
Nails- Revlon: Plum Attraction

xxx

19 comments:

  1. insanely pretty! love this outfit. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hesitating to buy a hat but I think you might have convinced me to have a better look in the shops for something which would fit me ! Love the dress as well ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hats, at the minute I'm on the hunt for a black bowler hat that isn't ridiculously expensive. I love the dress too, I wanted the dark red version but they had sold out in my size :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I barely wear my Mcqueen scarf I'm always scared it blows away in the wind! Love this outfit though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous30/1/12 20:36

    ooo such a pretty outfit! loving the hat =) xo

    pebbz | www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! and really want a McQueen scarf still...one day! :)

    http://ameliasallsorts.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit! The hat suits you so much! I love your McQueen scarf :) I have an ivory one with lilac skulls, I love it!

    Gem x
    www.feminine-edge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting that scarf for ages!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great hun! can't wait to read more! found you while "blog walking" and thought i would say a hello!

    newest follower ♥ -- would love it if you could visit me and follow back sometime ?

    hugs, xo
    *BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. your hat's gorgeous and i love your ring :)

    MADAM PATTY

    ReplyDelete
  11. you really suit the hat! And love love love the scarf!!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice hat and scraf ;)

    www.styleinsmalltown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, I'm so jealous of your McQueen scarf, I would love to own one, its one of my life goals lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just came across your gorgeous blog! Love the outfit and love that it can be day or evening.

    http://pets34fashion.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the hat and the scarf too :)
    Visit my blog ig u want, we could follow each other :)
    http://theowlsstyle.blogspot.com/
    Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing scarf! have bought recently this hat too <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your nails! Wish I could get mine to look so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's a lovely outfit <3

    ReplyDelete