Monday 9 January 2012

Review: BaByliss Waving Wand (& mini FOTD)


I've debated getting this hair tool for a while now as I must own every kind of waving/ curling tool out there! From hot rollers, to conical wands to traditional barrel curlers- you name it, I've tried it!- but I just can't seem to stop myself getting caught up in 'new product' hype. I know this has been out for a little while now but I wanted to wait and get it with my Christmas money and since I was ill so soon after Christmas, I haven't had a chance to have a proper go with it until now. 

The features:
1. Unique oval shape barrel
2. Professional Styler with no clamp
3. Up to 200°C
4. Includes a heat resistant glove (especially good for clumsy people like me, I always burn myself!)

What I like about the Waving Wand:
Firstly, I really like that the temperature goes up to 200°C as I often have to resort to my straighteners to create a curl (or wave!) that actually lasts the whole day. The high temperature means that not only to my curls stay in tact (providing it's not too windy) but they last the next day as well. This is a first for any curling iron I've tried until now, and it means I get soft effortless waves the next day in my hair as well! The temperature can be adjusted and there is also a flashing light to tell you when the wand has reached the correct temperature which takes literally seconds. I always use the highest temperature even though I don't have the thickest of hair- naughty me!

The shape of the wand is also very nice. It stops your waves becoming to spirally and 'done' looking which is what I like. I find it easier to use than conical wands as my hair doesn't seem to slip off the barrel as easily. 

I find the waving wand extremely quick and easy to use. I was pleasantly surprised because it often takes me a few attempts to get the right technique when I buy a new hair tool but the first time I used this it worked out great!

Would I recommend this?
Yes definitely! I bought this with my own money from boots for about £20 on offer (it normally retails for about £30)- Link! For the money I think the waving wand is worth it, I get waves that last two days and I think the style it produces is so pretty. I can't really fault it. I've had many BaByliss products over the years and I think they are all exceptional quality- including my straighteners which I think rival GHD's!

To achieve the look I did, I took random pieces of hair and wrapped them around the wand for about 10 seconds each. I then waited 5 minutes for my hair to completely cool before brushing it out very gently and spraying my hair with hairspray. I twisted the front sections of my hair and secured them behind my head with grips.

What are your favourite hair tools? I'd loved to know!

Also if anyone has any suggestions for blog posts I'd love to hear them. I've got exams over the next few weeks so I might not be able to do as many OOTD's (I'll be comfy clothes revising most days!) but I'll try and continue posting for you all. As soon as my exams are over posts will go back to normal :)

In case you're wondering, here is the make up I'm wearing:
MAC- Studio Sculpt Foundation
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer
Nars- Laguna Bronzer
Nars Deep- Throat Blush
Dior- Diorskin Poudre Shimmer Amber Diamond
MAC- Zoom lash Mascara
MAC- Sheen Supreme Lipstick- Behave Yourself
Eye shadows from the Urban Decay Naked Palette 

Top- Jack Wills

xxx

27 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! :)
    I have the Babyliss conical wand but tempted to buy this aswell :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should seriously be a model! You're soo gorgeous and of course, your hair is too :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this a while ago. much prefer it to the conical wand, waves are a lot softer looking :) great review x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks gorgeous. I had this for my birthday but haven't used it yet even though I've always wanted to try my hair in loose curls. Definitely have to try it now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh love your hair.. the result of the waving wand really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. that hair suits you! looks so healthy and nourished!

    http://tzeyien89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it used to be in a state but it's getting a lot better! I'm thinking of writing a hair care post soon x

      Delete
  7. only £20 i must go and get me some xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got this wand for Christmas and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your hair looks beautiful!! I need this wand!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. just came across your blog and am loving it!!
    i would recommend the remington curling wands as i use mine everyday and its amazing xox

    elizamaemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try this! I have the Babyliss Wave Envy, it's like a giant crimper. I like this though, your hair looks really pretty and the waves are lovely and relaxed looking.
    Great review, I love your make up!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hair!!

    Kisses Anne

    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh looks like it does exactly what it says, gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have the conical wand version of this and absolutely love it, but this looks so lovely i might have to look into getting one.
    you look really lovely, too :)

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have loooovely hair <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look so pretty! definitely want to try one of these now haha. x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been debating a curling wand myself. I heard they're really good from lots of people. I struggle to get curls to last all day but from what you've said this sounds promising!

    Just found your blog now, love it. I'm going to have a read through some more posts now :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great curls! You have the most gorgeous face and bone structure I've seen! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to buy this for myself but can't decide between the waving wand or the curling wand! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a curling wand, but I feel like my hair is to short for it! I can't wait for it to grow so I can get the same effect as yours!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it would look nice on shorter hair :) xx

      Delete
  22. I have to say that picture of you is AMAZING!! greatness! thank goodness i found this blog!!

    www.shervinsworld.com

    follow me it would make me so happy

    In love and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always get caught up in 'new product hype' too! Even when I don't really need it. My housemate has this too and it's soooo good. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments:) I think I might do a haircare post soon and I'll definitely be doing some more reviews xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous2/2/12 22:11

    I just found your blog via [milkbubbletea]'s and I have to say you look like a blonde Miranda Kerr, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete