Tuesday 3 January 2012

What I got for Christmas..

Here is a few of my favourite presents I got this year for Christmas. For me, the most important thing is spending time with my family but there's nothing wrong with sharing a few gifts every now and again!

1. The first is a collection of 6 Mac brushes. These are the best make up brushes by far and I'm slowly building up my collection by asking for a couple every Christmas and Birthday. This year I got the following brushes: MAC 217 (blending brush), MAC 263 (small angle brush), MAC 138 (tapered face brush), MAC 116 (blush brush), MAC 187 (duo fibre brush), MAC 168 (large angle contour brush)
The other brushes in the jar I received for Christmas last year :)


2. Next I got 'Dior Diorskin Poudre Shimmer all over face powder' in the colour Amber Diamond. I've read about it on lots of blogs and after finishing the highlight colours on my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick recently I wanted it even more.

At the moment, I am undecided on it. I love it, however it doesn't have the dramatic sheen of the Shimmer Brick. I can't say this is necessarily a bad thing, especially for everyday wear. I suppose I'm just a little less used to the more subtle look. It's also nice to use for eyeshadows and I'm continuing to use it so I can let you know my full opinion soon. I know it's a cult makeup product for many bloggers so I hope it lives up to this!



3. And finally, one of my favourite gifts.. the Focco! After seeing and hearing about these bags absolutely everywhere I knew I wanted one. It has lived up to expectation, I love it. A medium sized bag, with a zip (always useful when travelling- I hate having the contents of my bag exposed!), a side pocket and gorgeous stud detail on the bottom, how could anyone not think it was incredible? I know I'm late jumping on this bandwagon, but I'm so glad I finally have done and I'm pleased to be the owner of this bag.




So these were my favourite presents!
 Do you have any of them? What were your favourite gifts?

I go back to Sixth Form tomorrow but I'm still hoping to make a lot more time to blog as I said in my previous post, so fingers crossed I manage :)

xxx

11 comments:

  1. I bought myself the 266 211 and the flat shader brush and love them!!
    If you want a more dramatic look with Amber Diamond take your 116 and smudge it into the pan and sweep it on your cheekbones, I did this alot in the summer and it was lovely!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you got so many lovely things for Christmas, I'm jealous! <3 I really want the Rocco bag, but I'm obsessed with the real one, this is soooooo bad for my wallet. :) Love your blog, I folowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/1/12 18:24

    Lucky lady! I've got my eye on the Focco bag although I got a Cath Kidston bag for Christmas so might have to leave it a while before I buy another bag lol. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many luxurious gifts! The bag is absolutely gorgeous, I have been tempted a while to get it myself for a while! x You're blog is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need that bag! I think I'll buy it as a birthday gift to myself. :)

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky you - i love that bag x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren Rose: I love them too! And thanks for the tip, I'm going to try that now

    @Summer: I'd like the real one too, but it's so expensive I'll never afford it, we can dream :)

    @Sarah: I did thanks, although I was ill for New Year!

    @Sandra & @Channing: Thank you, the bag is definitely worth it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @kirstyb: thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the 239 brush for Christmas and I'm in love with it, its such a shame Mac brushes are so expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love dior makeup, they have some amazing packaging too. I bought that bag too...and the zip broke after a week :(

    http://whattheshoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eyeshadow loooks lush! And i almost bought myself the bag but never convinced myself too. Is it holding out? x

    ReplyDelete