Saturday 15 June 2013

OOTD: Tea and China

 photo BlueDressCollage2_zps8a1ebd5b.jpg  photo BlueDressBag_zpsb5438fd8.jpg  photo BlueDressCollage1_zps1c946192.jpg  photo BlueDressShoes_zps4dd36616.jpg  photo BlueDressCollagenew_zpsbaa78390.jpg  photo BlueDressheadshot_zps0ee5cb0e.jpg  photo BlueDressTea_zps20dec2b5.jpg

Today my mum and I went to Ely so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get some pictures of me wearing my new dress for my blog. The weather was a bit windy but I think we got there in the end! After a morning of taking photographs I went to Peacocks Tearoom with my mum for lunch which was lovely! I had crayfish and Marie-Rose sauce on toasted rye bread with a pot of breakfast tea and a raspberry lemonade- delicious! It was nice to have such a relaxing day as I'm packing tomorrow and on Monday I start my month long fashion internship- I can't wait!

This dress is from Topshop and was very fitting for today because the print reminds me of china tea cups and we ended up having tea in some tea rooms! I adore the colours and lace texture of this dress, however, one point that I will mention is that the waist is very loose so it can look a little unflattering at times, and it comes up very big so go a size down if you're going to order it! I put a tan belt from Topshop around my waist to cinch the dress in a little and it compliments my shoes and bag, tying the look together. 

The shoes I bought yesterday on a bit of a whim! I have been looking for some tan heels for my holiday to Spain in a months time and was planning on getting some wedges but I fell in love with these beauties from Miss Selfridge. They are actually very comfortable so I know I'll get a lot of wear out of them! 

The bag is another treat to myself for finishing my first year of University last week. I've wanted a bucket bag for a while and this one is from Zara. It's real leather and absolutely beautiful. It is also very sturdy and I think it will be really useful for taking to my internship next week.

I hope you like this look and this different background. I'm constantly looking for new backgrounds to keep things interesting, so look out for some more different ones soon. I'm also thinking of venturing into the world of YouTube at some point (that is when I've learnt how to shoot and edit videos!) but hopefully that will be soon as I have a little fashion haul I would like to film for you all.

Lastly, I've said this before, but we all know that GFC is probably going in the next couple of weeks so please, please, please follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on my posts! There is a useful link on the Bloglovin' homepage that can automatically follow everyone from your GFC so I suggest you all make an account if you don't have one and do this. You can follow me on BlogLovin' here!

xxx

Dress- Topshop (link)
Belt- Topshop
Shoes- Miss Selfridge (link)
Bag- Zara (link)
Peacocks Tearoom (link)

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Your dress is gorgeous. I love the print x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfit, you look lovely! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty print on your dress!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love absolutely everything about this out - especially how your gorgeous blue dress contrasts with all your brown accessories! and i definitely need to those shoes and that bag - my worst weaknesses! good luck with your internship - hopefully you'll keep us updated? :) i'd be very interested in seeing what it's like/what types of things you get up to X

    http://theenglishgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be writing a post on it shortly! I would have got it up earlier but I'm so busy! x

      Delete
  5. Looking gorgeous as usual!! The dress is just beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful post! you are stunning!!! I have the same dress from topshop! I am going to do an look on my blog with it too!
    your blog is lovely! I just followed <3
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) It's such a beautiful dress! x

      Delete
  7. Anonymous23/6/13 14:23

    Your dress is lovely, its sort of like a blue china print, so lovely!

    Emilia of Crystallized Elements,
    www.crystallized-elements.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think- China Print is my favourite summer trend at the moment :) X

      Delete
  8. Anonymous30/6/13 10:02

    Your blog is stunning! Just followed you now :)

    I love this dress - I'm obsessed with the whole 'china blue' trend at the moment. This dress looks a lot better on you than it does on the website. Definitely ordering it now! Topshop should take note!

    Laura
    http://lauraloveandliquor.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I agree, the dress doesn't look anything special on the Topshop website but I love it! x

      Delete
  9. I love this print, it's so pretty. Your dress is gorgeous on you x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2/7/13 10:09

    The dress is beautiful! Love all of your outfits! :)

    www.thatnorthernlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete