Monday 22 July 2013

OOTD: Into the Blue

 photo 2013-07-211_zps7e62371d.jpg  photo headshot4_zpsa20232b1.jpg  photo 2013-07-213_zpscca0a6ce.jpg  photo Shortscloeup_zps7839e19a.jpg  photo 2013-07-214_zps6e0d9bff.jpg  photo BlueTopHeadshot_zps61286afd.jpg  photo 2013-07-21_zps68b582b4.jpg
As you might remember from my last post, I'm loving smarter shorts at the moment. They make a perfect change from skirts and I just can't get enough of them! I bought these shorts not too long ago from Topshop after eyeing them up on the site. They were slightly on the pricey side at £40 but I'm in love with them. The shorts are a cream chiffon material over a more opaque short underneath. The embroidery is so pretty and the colours are modern and refreshing; I was so excited when I saw the hint of electric blue with them as I knew they would look amazing with my River Island blue court shoes! I bought this top from ASOS as I haven't been able to find a bright blue cami anywhere else and it's the perfect colour. It's a beautiful cami in a woven, almost silky looking fabric and hangs beautifully.

This is one of my all time favourite outfits. I've definitely been embracing more colour recently and I adore this deep electric blue shade. I'm going to take this outfit to Marbella as I can't wait to wear it on a night out, although, it would look equally lovely with a pair of flat sandals for during the day.

I can't recommend these shorts enough- you need them in your life! If you want them to fit highwaisted,  order a size down; however I decided to get my actual size in these as I wanted them a little longer. 

I hope you like this look as much as I do! I've been doing a fair bit of shopping lately so I've got lots more outfits in the pipeline to be photographed soon- so keep an eye out for them. Use the links below to follow me on Twitter, Bloglovin', Instagram and Pinterest or follow me on GFC in the sidebar so you don't miss out.

Top- ASOS Petite (link)
Shorts- Topshop (link)
Shoes- River Island (link)
Watch- River Island
Earrings- Miss Selfridge
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. These shorts are so cute!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this outfit and i completely agree about the electric blue shade, it's gorgeous! as i mentioned on your last post, i'm loving the smart shorts trend and can't wait to get my hands on a few pairs (this one and the ones from your last post!). i think they make a change to just a top and skirt and would look great for outfits in the night time! :) X

    http://theenglishgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit, those shorts are gorgeous :) I would of never paired them with an electric blue top but wow it looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit, love the shorts! Very pretty! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous25/7/13 13:08

    These shade of blue looks amazing on you Phoebes.
    P.s Guess who's started their blog ...

    www.evafelicityblogs.wordpress.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous top and shorts! love this outfit sooo much!

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit :) the blue looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue is beautiful on you babe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful blue dress,Love the outfit, i like this kind of style. thanks

    urban clothing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Phoebe your blog's lovely, found it from from your twitter!
    In love with these shorts and your style love! Hope you're having an ace holiday,
    Alex x

    allurescent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shorts are sooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blue shoes!!! beautiful color on you!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. In love with those shorts!
    www.adoramehitabel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete