Tuesday 20 August 2013

Home Decor Inspiration

 photo NotOntheHSone_zps183e728e.jpg  photo notonthehs4_zps12e32a31.jpg  photo notonthehs5_zps17714047.jpg

A bit of a different post today, I thought I'd offer a bit of home inspiration for you all. If you're anything like me you pin home bits and bobs to your pinterest board all the time and always look for the next home trend that you can interpret for yourself. I love decorating my room although I don't really get to completely change it very often. I do however, go to university and every year that means a new bedroom! I was in halls last year so space was extremely limited for me as my room was tiny- friends and family would refer to it as a 'cell'! This year on the other hand, I have a lovely bedroom in my new house and I can't wait to move my stuff in next month. It's a lot bigger and has a double bed and more space in general so I'm sure I'll be able to creep more home decoration bits in than before. 

 The lovely people at Not On The High Street asked me if I would like a few pieces from their site and I jumped at the chance! I've shopped on NOTHS before as it's an amazing place for thoughtful and really unusual gifts and homeware.  After thinking carefully about what I might need next year I settled on these three items. The brush holder is actually marketed as a small vase but as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect to hold my makeup brushes- and I was right! It's just the right height for them and tapers out at the top to allow them to fan out nicely. They do a few colours but I settled on this pretty pink and brushed gold version which goes in my room perfectly. I also chose this super cute bunny lamp (the seller I received mine from has stopped selling them but this is the same one) after seeing them on several blogs. It's LED lit and looks absolutely adorable on a dresser, not to mention it gives out such a warm glow. Finally I chose this beautiful trinket box in the shape of a heart. I love the textured floral design and it's just the right size for keeping my favourite rings and earrings in. I like to keep it on my bedside table so I can put my jewellery in it just before I go to bed- that way you never lose them! 

 I hope you liked this different post today. I hope to photograph my new university room when I've moved in so look out for that. And definitely check out the Not On The High Street website, there are so many beautiful things to look through so I really recommend you all have a browse! If you want to check out my Pinterest boards click here, I've pinned lots of home decor and also have fashion and beauty related boards. 

 xxx

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What are you studying at uni? I love trinket boxes too they are perfect for putting rings and other jewellery in to.
    http://savagegem.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/why-i-love-print-media-especially-magazines/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is soo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an adorable white rose box!!!
    xxx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used that vase as a brush holder! And the trinket box is gorgeous! I like how you've done a home post, gives me a chance to be nosy!

    Hope your ok and having a lovely summer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute love the brush holder
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you picked! I have been looking for that rabbit light everywhere so thank you :) lovely blog new follower!xx
    www.sleek-chic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete