Friday 2 September 2011

Garnier BB Cream- Worth the hype?


Once I know there is a hype on a particular beauty product, I feel I need it. So if I hear something is selling out across the country, I immediately rush and buy it! I wanted to know for myself if this BB Cream was worth all the hype I'd heard about it. I got it for £7.99 from my local Superdrug 
store.

BB Creams (the BB stands for Blemish Balm) were developed initially to calm and restore skin but to provide coverage at the same time, they were a huge craze in Asia and now it seems that they're coming to the UK and US market too.

What does Garnier say about this BB Cream? 
The formula with mineral pigments gives an instantly ‘perfect’ skin. The result? Sheer coverage; imperfections look blurred, lines softened
Your skin looks luminous, smoother and more even
24hr hydration: Skin feels more supple, smoother and softer
UV protection: SPF15 to help protect the skin

My Opinions
The cream has a similar texture to a tinted moisturiser but has more coverage. It sits nicely in between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation so concealer would still be needed (although I always wear concealer with my foundation so this is not an issue). The colour is perfect for me and it feels very hydrating once applied but settles somewhat so there is no long lasting greasy feeling on your skin, instead you feel like you are wearing a moisturiser. 

I wanted to photograph how it looked on my face but unfortunately with flash photography I found it to appear oily looking on my T-Zone. However it did not make my skin look oily in real life so as long as you aren't taking any photos this should be fine. I found setting this with a powder dramatically reduced the shine in photos so that's also an option! Next time I do a FOTD I will try and wear my BB Cream to show you what it looks like but essentially is looks like healthy, moisturised skin.

I took a couple of pictures to show you the texture of the cream

A small amount goes a long way

Obviously you'd blend it more than I have here!

All in all I really like this BB Cream and would like to try more for comparisons. Its light and natural so would be perfect for me for sixth form. I haven't worn this for a full day yet so might have to update you on the longevity of it but fingers crossed it lasts (I have read other blogs which say it does last all day!). 

Have any of you tried BB Creams? Which ones? I feel I've only scratched the surface of the world of BB Creams and I'm already eager to try more out! 

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/9/11 15:39

    Glad you quite liked it! I did a post about it on Tuesday if you fancy checking it out :) I'm not impressed with it unfortunately, definitely not worth the hype in my opinion xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad I stumbled across this review because I’ve been pondering over whether or not to try this out! It sounds quite promising though so I might pick it up next time I’m in Boots!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to try out some BB creams, this one looks pretty amazing!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got it today can't wait to test it out. It's smells amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/9/11 02:22

    I've heard of BB creams but I've never tried one. Never thought I could really get my hands on one. I'll have to try it.
    - K

    KIMBERLYCAROLYN.COM

    ^^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely blog. I might get the soap and glory the fab pore 15 minute facial peel after reading your post on it looks good X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this yet [clearly been living under a rock] but after reading your review i'd really like to try it. And I never understood what BB was before!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been deliberating trying BB creams for a while now but I think I'm gonna try this! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh that looks lovely :) love your blog babe :) xx

    http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually wasn't impressed with this when I got my hands on it, but then I think that's probably because I'm so pale it looked odd on my skin - it's good to know you got on with it so well, though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely blog. i am now following, i hope you can follow back.

    www.clm-trash.blogspot.com
    love FASHIONPROJECT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try these! They look lovely :)
    Also, are you wearing fake tan here, or is it real? Because if its fake, i have to know what it is?! aha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the comments everyone :) it's definitely worth checking out if you don't mind slightly less coverage than a foundation!

    @Amy- yes it's fake! it's st tropez, i think i'm going to do a review of it in comparison to xen tan shortly, it's my favourite at the moment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds fab! I think it might be a bit too dark for me though :/ I'll have to check it out and see but I'm definitely interested to try it!

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got mixed-up feelings with Garnier products, absolutely hate their hair stuff but their skincare line seems to be pretty decent.
    Never tried this one you review but now I'm truly interested in it.

    Isabela
    ♡ fusels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much
    my name is phoebe too!!
    xxx

    http://fabulouslyfeebz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab review! Great blog, now following :).

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. liking your blog...i'm now a follower :)

    just bought this, and it's definately a good every day alternative to foundation, and smells really good i find

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete