Sunday 18 September 2011

18th Birthday



Sorry I've not posted for a while, I've been caught up with going back to sixth form, university open days and (most importantly!) my 18th birthday which was on the 14th September! I had a lovely day which started with home made  banana pancakes with strawberries, lovely! I didn't really get a lot of presents as my main gift was a family ring which I now wear every day on my little finger, although I did get a Miss Selfridge bag from my brother and a Mac Palette from my best friend (blog posts to come!). I had a lovely lunch with my friends at a local pub and rounded the day off with champagne and lemon curd birthday cake. All in all a good day I'd say! 

Black Top - H&M
Skirt- River Island
Cardigan- River Island
Aztec Earrings- Primark
Guess Watch- (a birthday present a couple of years ago!)

This weekend I also went out to a Mexican restaurant called Chimichanga with my friends. The food was delicious, I recommend it and need to get back there as there were so many lovely looking things on the menu I just wanted to try everything. The dress I wore is from Misguided and was a  bargain at £21.99! I love the peter pan collar detail, there are so many about as they're very much in style at the moment. The lace strips are also a gorgeous detail. I paired it with long socks and my new brogues- probably the last time I will wear them as they give me terrible blisters *weep*. I can do a post on what make up I wore if anyone is interested? I used some new false eyelashes (Eylure 070) which I am in love with! They look so natural but amazing at the same time. Also, apologies for the quality of the photos below, my camera had very little charge left and decided it would focus, you get the idea though!



Dress- Misguided
Socks- (I'm unsure but I think you can get them in places like Topshop, River Island, ASOS etc.)
Loafers- River Island
Skull Earrings- Topshop

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous18/9/11 16:10

    You look lovely and sounds like you had a really nice birthday! Happy (belated) birthday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look lovely in both outfits and your birthday cake looks delicious:)
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! :)

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didnt show us the riiiiing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday for the 14th, you look great x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    I'm loving your blog and follow each post on bloglovin' :)

    Keep the great posts coming!

    http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog. watch my.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving your outfits and happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!
    Your outfit is so cute, I love the socks and loafers :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely here, love your outfit and makeup! Happy belated birthday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog pretty *

    http://itsluckynumberseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the whole outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete