Thursday 1 September 2011

Skin Care Part I


I thought I'd share my favourite skin care products with you all as I'm always fascinated by what products people use! I've divided it into two parts, the first includes my make up removers, exfoliator and face mask, whilst the second part will focus on moisturisers etc! Just to let you know, my skin is normal to dry with the occasional break out, these are the products that work best for me, but they might not for you.

From left to right:

I'm not sure why this is called a peel as it has the consistency of a clay mask and doesn't 'peel off' but nonetheless this is a lovely mask. It smells fresh and minty and is a dream to apply with its thick texture. It has some pretty nifty ingredients and I think it really works! I don't have oily skin which I believe is the skin type this mask is marketed towards but I love how effective it is on outbreaks of spots. I use this once a week and my skin always feels brighter and softer after using this product. 

This is my all time favourite toner. I've been using this for a long time now and keep repurchasing it. When I noticed the Botanics range was 3 for 2 in Boots I bought 3 of these last week saving myself a lovely £4.07. I love this smell of the toner, its a very strong rosewater scent (as the name suggests!) but not overpowering. I've tried other rosewater toners and none of them smell as lovely as this one. It soothes my dry skin and doesn't make my face feel tight after using it, all in all a great product!

This scrub is excellent because the exfoliation particles are so tiny! When you squeeze a little out of the tube you can't even see the grains which makes this exfoliator especially good as its very non abrasive. One thing I can't stand is a scrub that scratches and hurts to use, they defiantly aren't good for your skin as you only want to remove the very top layer of dead skin cells. It makes my skin feel lovely and soft.

This is my favourite cleanser of all time! Its thick texture glides on and removes my make up effortlessly. My skin feels unbelievable soft and bright after using this and its very soothing. I use this with the muslin cloth it comes with and I think this is key to achieving the best results when you use this. The cleanser is extremely gentle and moisturising and above all it clears my skin up every time I have a break out! It's an amazing product and I cannot recommend it enough.

This is a firm favourite because it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I don't find it to be too oily and it removes my eye make up easily (however it didn't work so well on my water proof mascara, as I only wear this on holiday I'm not too bothered). It leaves my eyes feeling refreshed and its not very expensive at all! Very good all round.

I hope you like this post, 'Part II' to follow shortly!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try some Soap & Glory products one day... :)

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that soap and glory stuff sounds fab; need to try it for myself soon!
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post!!
    I really want to try the Soap and Glory 15 minute peel and the rose water toner :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete