Monday 15 August 2011

the maxi dress debate





Last year on holiday I toyed with the idea of getting a maxi dress but eventually dismissed it after wrongly thinking I wouldn't find one short enough (I'm 5ft 4) or that maxi dresses don't suit petite people. How wrong I was! This year I bought two maxi dresses and absolutely love them both! 

The first was from New Look a little while ago and is just above floor length on me with flat sandals. I like it because its simple and would translate well from a day dress to a going out dress just teamed with different accessories. The earrings I wore with it are large gold and turquoise ones from River Island. I don't wear a lot of jewellery but I do always wear earrings since I think they always finish off an outfit beautifully.  

The second dress I got in the River Island sale, reduced from £25 to £12! Its a gorgeous rust/ burnt orange colour with gold detail on it. This is slightly longer so I wore it with a medium heel (brown buckle heels I also got from the River Island sale for £15). The earrings I wore with this are gold crosses from Urban Outfitters, they are some of my favourite earrings ever and work with so many outfits. The first night I wore this dress I also wore a coral bracelet from New Look, the colours matched perfectly.

 I'm hoping that the second maxi will work well as a transition piece into Autumn. The colour is right but would it work well for slightly colder weather? I'm not sure, I'll have to let you know how that goes! 

7 comments:

  1. I've never really been into maxi dresses but OMG, the second one looks absolutely amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dresses, I have one similar to your second one :) Looks like you had a really nice time away, and you look really nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the second one, it's gorgeous!!!! And you're sooooo pretty!!!

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your very pretty :)
    www.silhouette-skies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. both the dresses are beaut! the first one will be so versatile and the second one is such a nice colour:) xo
    strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I love your blog great work. I have just started a fashion blog of my own, please come have a look. I’d really appreciate it if you follow me and I’ll follow you ;) Ps: you’re really BEAUTIFUL xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete