Monday 15 August 2011

Coral Lips ♥

Hello! Sorry I've not posted for ages, I've been in Spain for 2 weeks so I haven't been able to post any blogs. The good news is though that I have lots of OOTD's to show you and loads of ideas for future blog posts, I wont leave it this long again, or at least I'll try!

For a long time now I've always favoured the nude lip above any other colour out there. I thought, well this suits me, why try anything different?  However this year on holiday I wanted to be brave and in line with all the summer trends bought Mac's Vegas Volt lipstick at the airport. I love this lipstick so much, its an amplified finish which combines high pigmentation, a creamy feel and a semi matte finish to the lips. The colour is an orange-coral with the teeniest hint of pink (it's not really noticeable but every now and again I see it). I think above all it's a flattering colour that would work well with all skin tones and hair colours, it really is amazing.

Having said this I was only brave enough to wear this lipstick once, and after looking back through my holiday photos I felt a little disappointed I hadn't worn it more. Nonetheless here are the pictures of me wearing this lipstick.



On the rest of my face I played down my make-up I am wearing:
Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser (Natural Radiance)
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Medium)
Nars Blush (Deep Throat)
Bourjois 'Delice de Poudre' bronzing powder (51)
Urban Decay Naked Palette (Sin and Buck)
MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner (a brown one- not sure of the name)

My dress is from Topshop, it was £18 - bargain!

3 comments:

  1. That lipstick really suits you. Im not really one to wonder out of the nude lips either although its quite tempting to invest in one after seeing it on you as it doesnt look over the top :)

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks amazing! i love coral lips i'm always sporting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick looks fab on you, I've been trying to wear less nude lipsticks and more corals/pinks this summer too. Barry M 147 is a gorgeous coral/pink xx

    ReplyDelete